Per CDC recommendations, Phase Three is appropriate in a context with 28 days of declining cases. The Lord of Life SMART Team has set a target date for the staff to be ready for Phase 3 by TBA. All things permitted in Phase 1 & 2 are permitted also in Phase 3. If it is the consensus among ELCA congregations within Crow Wing county that conditions warrant it we will discontinue Phase 3 and return either to Phase 2 or 1.
What does Phase 3 mean for the Congregation?
- streaming & indoor worship – medium (size restriction – ?)
- Consider whether in-person worship is advisable given the need for under-65, no underlying conditions
- STRONGLY discourage vulnerable individuals from attending
- Physical distancing may be relaxed
- Masks may become optional
- Fellowship hour and activities may resume with maximum social distancing
- Lord of Life events only (no outside groups) [AA-excepted?].
- Groups of at-risk congregants can begin to meet w/ social distancing
What does Phase 3 mean for the Operations Team?
- Church can operate with moderate social distancing protocols
- Continue extensive cleaning/hygiene plan
- Encourage outside organizations that use the building to follow these guidelines
- Limited meetings w/ physical distancing
What does Phase 3 mean for the Program Team?
- Continue with streaming worship
- Still no physical passing of the peace in worship
- Pastors wash hands, not to use hand sanitizer
- Leaders should sanitize themselves in front of everyone before giving communion
- Empty wafers out of tube without touching
- Servers should wear mask and gloves
- Preparers – wash hands for 20 seconds
- Communion assistants commune last
- Explore ordering pouring chalices
- During communion liturgy – presider stands back
- Maintain 6 feet distance between familys in communion line
- Resume indoor communion with the following precautionary measures:
- Practices or actions Not To Be done:
- Breaking of bread and elevating wine
- Touching peoples hands
- Use communion bread
- Practices or actions to implement:
- Reach out to Vickie B, Mary Anderson, or Pat Huhta…. line up as resources
- Individual cups until 42 days of declining cases
- Prepares, and presiders, & servers – wear a mask
- 1 plate (paten) per bread server
- Use wafers until 42 days of declining cases
- Youth program (>10) **may** resume w/ social distancing
- No hospital visits or visits to senior care facility visits
- Baptisms are private
- Weddings allowed with moderate social distancing protocols
What Does Phase 3 mean for the Church Staff?
- Continue to encourage staff telecommuting
What Does Phase 3 mean for the SMART Team / Council?
- Monitoring department of health information
- Updating phase decision as appropriate