Sunday, November 1st Worship Schedule
ALL SAINTS DAY – a Service of Song, Word, Prayer and Remembrance at 9:00 am
All Saints Day is a beautiful day in the life of the church when we stop to name and remember and give thanks to those of that faith that have gone on before us – who have journeyed from this life to the next with Jesus and whose faith has sustained us in our lives.
As you prepare to worship – we invite you to have a picture of your saint(s) available and a candle as well. We will be naming and lighting a candle for those from Lord of Life and friends of the congregation who died this past year. Please join us in this time of remembrance.
Affirmation of Baptism Service at 10:30am
This service will also be live streamed on Sunday, November 1st. Join in celebrating with 20 young people the affirmation of their faith!
Fuel Up Forestview Update
First of all, THANK YOU to the LOL folks for the generous food donations. What a blessing! Bags were packed today in preparation to send them home with kids before they stay home for Distance Learning. The donations received from LOL helped make that happen. Forestview is making plans to continue to get bags of food to kids while they are at home. We don’t know what kind of time frame we are looking at, but we want kids to continue to have access to the pantry.
That being said, this big ‘packing of bags’ depleted the shelves and we would welcome continued donations for kids who will be home alone making their own lunches. Think kid-friendly, easy to prep meals & snacks. Right now, especially helpful items include:
* Chef Boyardee style pasta meals
* any kind of noodles & pasta sauce
* individual packets of oatmeal
* canned soups
* pouches of tuna
* peanut butter
* rice krispie treats
* hot cocoa mix/drink mixes
* canned vegetables
* stuffing mix
With thanks, Helene and Etta Danielson
Servant Hearts Need
- A servant of Christ who would like to learn how our app works and would be willing to help with this communication tool.
- A servant of Christ willing to reorganize and relabel the mailboxes
- A servant of Christ willing to reorganize the attic storage areas
- A servant of Christ willing to take on the redesign of our Lord of Life brochure.
Please pray for
- Karen Erickson as she recovers from surgery
- Mike and Colleen Bush and family as they grieve the death of Mike’s mother Generose.
- Effects of Covid in this community – as the people we know and love are getting sick.
- Howard and Terri Bahn and their family as they grieve the death of Howard’s mother Hazel. She was 105 years old!
Kid’s Time Online
On the website every week is a new Kids time Online Lesson – brought to you by Luther Crest bible Camp! Check it out and spend some time learning a Bible story with your kids.
Come for Communion After Online Worship
Communion available in the Lobby on Sundays from 10:30-11:00 am. Also available by appointment by contacting the Pastors.
- Need a gaffer or two (run wire, set up cameras, tape down wires
- Continue to need head ushers
- Tech support person to help coach people through small technical challenges (Accessing our YouTube channel, etc.)
- Finance Team needs several more members
- Mission Support Team needs several more members
Online Coffee Time begins
Online Coffee time starting again 10-10:30 am on Sundays. One of the Pastors will be in attendance each week. This is a good chance to again connect as family. Join us at https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89453155690 or call +1 312 626 6799 Meeting ID: 894 5315 5690
3rd Grade Bible Class
If you missed the first 3rd Grade Bible class – it’s not too late to get a Bible and get connected. We’ll meet on ZOOM for 2 more weeks unpacking with 3rd graders and parents the joy of God’s Word.
Classes will be Thursday evenings from 6:30pm- 7:30pm – November 5, November 12.
Club 56 will resume again on Wednesday November 18th for our next 4 week session. We’ll be focusing on good Mental Health!
Teen’s Upstream Campfires!
High school youth group runs on Wednesday nights from 8pm-9pm! This group is open to 9th-12th graders. Registration is required to attend. This Fall we will be enjoying the outdoors and campfires at church! Here is the link to register: https://lolbaxter.ccbchurch.com/goto/forms/124/responses/new
Now Hiring – Communications Coordinator
Lord of Life is currently accepting applications for a full-time Communications Coordinator position. Primary duties include responsibility for running all aspects of the sound booth during services as well as coordinating and training sound booth volunteers, responsibility for online and offline communications including worship bulletin, announcements, newsletters, mailings and social media, and coordination of church volunteers. Visit our website www.lolbaxter.org for additional details. Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org