Holden Evening Prayer – Join us on Wednesdays during Advent for Holden Evening Prayer at 6 pm.
Tanzania Mission Trip Fundraiser/Wednesday Supper – Join us on Wednesday, December 11 from 5:15 pm to 5:45 pm for a Swedish meatball supper. This is a free-will donation that will go towards supplies needed in Tanzania.
Gift Cards – Please consider donating grocery and gas gift cards from area businesses. These gift cards are used for local families in need during the holiday season and throughout the year. Any denomination helps.
Six Angel Tree Tags Left: Some little angels in our community need some extra help this year to make their holiday bright. Select a tag from the Angel tree and purchase any gift listed but also please include at least one clothing item. All unwrapped gifts need to be dropped off at the Salvation Army at 208 South 5th Street by Wednesday, December 11th. Please have the unwrapped gifts include the Angel Tag and make sure the information on the tag is also on the gift.
“Angels, Lambs, Ladybugs & Fireflies” – The children’s Christmas Program will be performed at the 9 am and 10:30 am services on Sunday, December 15.
Christmas Quilt – The quilters made a beautiful Christmas quilt that is displayed in the Narthex. Bid on the quilt until Sunday, December 15. The money raised for the quilt will go to Luther Crest. The winner of the quilt will be notified on Monday, December 16.
A Service for Grief and Hope will be Monday, December 16 at 6:00 pm – While Advent is a season of hope and Christmas is a season of joy, we don’t all feel hopeful or feel like celebrating. Let’s come together to seek healing and make room to share grief, sadness, loneliness, or confusion. Let’s come with our honest yearnings seeking the return of light and hope.
Thanksgiving Basket Thank you –Thank you to everyone that donated food items or money for the Thanksgiving Baskets. Fifteen families received a Thanksgiving meal from Lord of Life.
Christmas Eve Services – Tuesday, December 24: 3 pm, 5 pm & 9 pm
Living Lutheran Magazine – December’s Living Lutheran Magazine is available at the Welcome Center in the Narthex. If you would like to subscribe to the magazine and receive it monthly visit www.livinglutheran.org to sign up.
Year End Tax-Deductible Contributions Deadlines :
- In Person: 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, December 31, 2019
- Via USPS: Post-marked no later than December 31, 2019
- Online: Must have an “approved” status by December 31, 2019
- Stock: If you wish to gift Stock to Lord of Life, please contact Anne Laechel for more information. Transfer of ownership must be completed by Tuesday, December 31, 2019 to be considered a 2019 gift. As the process can take 1-2 weeks, requests should be initiated by Friday, December 13th.
- Any gift received or post-marked on or after January 1, 2020 will be credited to 2020.
Are you receiving the Good News Weekly? Every week on Friday afternoons, Lord of Life sends an email with information about the upcoming week’s worship services, education schedule and other upcoming church events. Check the box on the front of your Connection Card and we will add you to the email.
Are you wearing your Name Tag? It will be helpful for everyone to wear their nametag, so that we can familiarize ourselves with the other members of our Lord of Life family.
Bad Weather Closings – If we are closing the church due to bad weather; information will be found on our Facebook page and the front page of our website.
Contact the Church office:
- When you change your address.
- When you or a family member is hospitalized or will be hospitalized.
- When there is a birth or death in the family.
- When there is a crisis.
- When new neighbors move in near you and they are looking for a church home.
- When you have good news to share.
- If you have a college or post high-school young person no longer living at home.