Christmas Quilt – The quilters made a beautiful Christmas quilt that is displayed in the Narthex. Bid on the quilt until December 15. The money raised for the quilt will go to Luther Crest. The winner of the quilt will be notified on Monday, December 16.
A Service for Grief and Hope-Monday, December 16 at 6:00 pm – While Advent is a season of hope and Christmas is a season of joy, we don’t all feel hopeful or feel like celebrating. So, let’s gather together to provide a time and place of solace during this frenetic time surrounding the celebration of Christmas. Let’s come together to seek healing and make room to share grief, sadness, loneliness, or confusion. Let’s come with our honest yearnings seeking the return of light and hope.
Let’s Get Festive – Wear your Christmas/ugly sweater to worship on Sunday, December 22.
Christmas Eve Services – Tuesday, December 24: 3 pm, 5 pm & 9 pm
Church Office Closed – December 25, 26, January 1
Wednesday Worship – There will be no worship service on Wednesday, December 25 or January 1.
Sunday after Christmas – We will have one worship service on Sunday, December 29 at 9 am.
Undie Sunday Thanks you – Thank you everyone that donated under garments and socks. We will be distributing them throughout the Brainerd/Baxter area.
Prelude Music Needed – Sign up your kids to do prelude music for the Christmas Eve services on December 24 at either the 3 pm or 5 pm service. Any musical instrument or singing would be greatly appreciated. Sign up in the Narthex.
Christmas Eve Advent Readers Needed – Sign up in the Narthex if you or your family would like to light the Advent candle and read on Christmas Eve.
Year End Tax-Deductible Contributions Deadlines –
- •In Person: 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, December 31, 2019
- •Via USPS: Post-marked no later than December 31, 2019
- •Online: Must have an “approved” status by December 31, 2019
- •Stock: If you wish to gift Stock to Lord of Life, please contact Anne Laechel for more information. Transfer of ownership must be completed by Tuesday, December 31, 2019 to be considered a 2019 gift. As the process can take 1-2 weeks, requests should be initiated by Friday, December 13th.
- •Any gift received or post-marked on or after January 1, 2020 will be credited to 2020.
Please pick up your pans from the kitchen. Items not claimed end up being donated to the Youth Rummage Sale. Thank You!
Communion – If you are unable to come forward to take communion, please speak to an usher and communion will be brought to you in your seat.
Supplies Needed for Tanzania Mission Trip – The Tanzania group is asking for your help in collecting painting, medical and children supplies to take with to Tanzania. Items needed:
- Paint supplies: brushes, rollers, painter’s tape, roller pans, etc.
- Medical supplies: rolls of gauze, ace bandages, alcohol packets/swabs, cotton balls, band aids, shower curtains, sheets (any size)
- Children supplies: beanie babies, small stuffed animals, match box cars, baby hats, receiving blankets, cloth diapers, quilts, newborn/small baby outfits/sleepers, reading glasses, children’s vitamins (especially with iron; not gummy vitamins)
- Adult supplies: reading glasses, prenatal vitamins (must not be expired or expiring in less than 6 months of June 2020).