With the recent CDC guidance and changes to Minnesota’s mask and social distancing rules, Lord of Life has made changes to how we continue to navigate COVID as a church.
One of the biggest changes is that we are no longer requiring people who have been vaccinated to wear a mask in our building. If you have not been vaccinated, we ask that you continue to wear a mask when you come to church.
In addition, we have brought back fellowship times with coffee and juice.
Additional information about our current practices can be found in this FAQ:
What are some recent changes in our practices?
- The building is open during normal hours throughout the week
- Ropes in the pews are no longer there
- Masks are encouraged for those who are not vaccinated, but no longer required
- Staff meetings will resume in-building
- Our coffee making equipment is now open
- We will have coffee & juice after church
What protocols are still in place?
- Continued streaming of worship service for those who are uncomfortable/unable to return to in-person worship.
- Unvaccinated people are requested to continue wearing masks
- Items such as bibles and hymnals continue to be removed from our worship space
- Our drinking fountains are inoperable
- A sanitizing station at the welcome desk
- Mask donning table at our entrances
- Cleaning supplies are present and heightened cleaning schedules are in place
- Food and drink may be brought in by groups that meet
- At fellowship hour, we are providing coffee and juice for the congregation – but not treats.
- The annual meeting will be held by Zoom
- The baptismal font remains empty and in the front of the church
- Passing of the peace of different household done safely by gesture
- We are not inviting the holding of hands during Lord’s prayer
- The greeting line before/after church is suspended
- Kids time upfront – w/ dots placed as guides for children to sit on
- Communion procedure
- Wafers placed apart on a tray w/ 2” separation
- Communion cups placed on a tray
- Communion assistants/pastors at a 6” distance
- Baptisms are private
- Staff are encouraged to work from home when possible
- Our staff use SLACK to communicate
What changes in the near future are we contemplating?
- Participating in the dropping of distance and capacity limits that our governor is projecting on May 28th
What are we currently asking of congregation members?
- 3 feet of social distance between households
- During communion – maintain social distance
- Use the stationery collection boxes for tithes and offerings
- If you would like to see a worship order, find that on our website: https://lolbaxter.org/worship-orders/
- Unvaccinated worshippers are asked to wear a mask.
What should I do, if I have questions, comments, or concerns about COVID protocols?
- You are encouraged to contact Pastor Steven Rye or Pat Huhta, SMART team chair
When was this document last updated?
- May 14, 2021; You may forward proposed changes to Pastor Steve